- The victims of the Parkland, Florida mass shooting not only need our thoughts and prayers, they deserve action and change.
- This can’t continue to happen. It’s time for Congress to act on common-sense gun reform.
- Americans are sick of this charade. How many more people need to lose their lives violently and needlessly before our nation comes to its senses?
- Republicans have repeatedly refused to come to the table and discuss common sense gun reforms.
- Republicans claims they can’t talk gun reform because they don’t want to politicize tragedies, but it’s disrespectful to these children that so many of our country’s lawmakers refuse to take action and change the gun laws that allow these killings to happen.
- Months have gone by since the Las Vegas killings, and Republicans have done nothing to advance common-sense solutions, including regulating the “bump stocks” that allowed the murderer to cause hundreds of casualties.
- Democrats understand that responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many American communities, but also realize that current laws are not enough to curtail the epidemic of gun violence.
National Broadcast Media Manager
Director of LGBTQ Media
Democratic National Committee
Democratic National Committee, 430 S Capitol St SE, Washington DC 20003, USA